GDG- Now: CW PTSD was: Custer: G'burg, LBH & Philbrick

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 09:19:16 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/20/2012 9:45:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tbarrett21 at cox.net writes:

I'm not  familiar with anything like a serious study of PTSD in the  post-CW
period.  If anybody knows of one, I, for one would be  interested.

Anything I have seen is just bits and pieces in various books on wider
topics.  But I am certain there is a gold mine of information in material  from
post-war veterans organizations.  I am somewhat familiar with what was
published by the organization for Veterans of the Fourteenth Connecticut
Infantry, and tucked away in their "newsletters" and obituary notices are
glimpses of various men whose lives never really came back together after the
war, unable to hold responsible jobs, restless, wandering.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT