GDG- Custer on the Tube Again

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 18:38:29 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/19/2012 7:35:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ggatsby79 at yahoo.com writes:

I though  the AMERICAN EXPERIENCE episode on G A Custer and supposedly LBH
battle was  OK. So much done on the subject is awful, so I found this quite
adequate.

What I did think though was it overplayed Custer and  his role AT
Gettysburg.  And needless to say, it totally overlooked his  role during the
Gettysburg CAMPAIGN following July 3.  I am working, as  are others, to highlight
the events which took place July 4-14, 1863 including  that delightful little
cavalry charge which took place in my back  yard.

I believe that this is an acceptable posting on what is now a HOOKED
thread, and I do agree that it overplayed the importance of Custer's role at
Gettysburg.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT