GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

cameron2 at optimum.net cameron2 at optimum.net
Thu Jan 19 18:08:20 CST 2012

<<  That is what is said, but if that indeed happened it was a decade before
the Little Big Horn battle. Like many other officers of his day, Custer
evidently shared a distrust of "colored" troops. He did not turn down any
offer of "Buffalo Soldiers" for the 1876 campaign.

Bruce Trinque  >>

I know very little about the LBH, but it strikes me that Custer was a regimental commander at the time.  That being the case, what black cavalry unit (or for that matter, any other aside from his own command) would he have been offered for the campaign, much less, turned down?

Jim Cameron