GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 13:45:59 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/19/2012 2:30:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jgrim1941 at gmail.com writes:

If I  remember the books and movie I saw about Isandlawana they had plenty
of  ammo but the quartermaster wouldn't allow the distribution without
written  requisitions and the implements to open the closed crates were  not
present.  Ahhh...British military custom.  You gotta love it  unless you are
being attacked by thousands of screaming  savages.

There has been some debate as to exactly what happened with ammo
distribution at Isandlwana, including the possibility that there were  insufficient
screwdrivers to open up the new-fangled ammo cases, but in the end  it seems
to come down to just too many disciplined foes with very sharp  spears.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT