GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

John Grim jgrim1941 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:29:46 CST 2012

Esteemed Members

As to the Gatling guns....it would have meant slower movement, more ammo
and wagons and a larger guard to protect the slower movement should it get
left behind.  Not to mention extra forage.
If I remember the books and movie I saw about Isandlawana they had plenty
of ammo but the quartermaster wouldn't allow the distribution without
written requisitions and the implements to open the closed crates were not
present.  Ahhh...British military custom.  You gotta love it unless you are
being attacked by thousands of screaming savages.