GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 10:07:29 CST 2012

I say again.  On that ground in a rapidly moving battle I  see no way for
them to be effectively used.  They were heavy, clunky, and  clumsy and
complicated to operate.  Being mostly surrounded the crews would  have been
attacked from behind no matter where they aimed them. The crews  probably would
have been shot down in short order even if they did have time to  get set up.

Go on Bing and take a look at the terrain.  I've been  there and I can't
imagine Gatlings being useful at all.

I think you are not familiar with the terrain when you discuss  the
Gatlings.

Bing maps.

"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant
Peter

In a message dated 1/19/2012 11:02:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,