GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 09:55:45 CST 2012

Now Jack-  just how are you going to use the  gatlings?  Where would you
put them?  On Last Stand Ridge it is  extremely rough, broken up, and rolling.
 Custer's route was along the top  of the ridge and when the Indians
attacked it was almost on all sides,  particularly from the rear.  It was a
running battle.  How are you  going to set them up?  How would you keep them with
Custer's columns as  they raced north?  The columns would have outrun them
leaving them  behind.  The Indians really weren't that concentrated but
rather scattered  all around.  You'd be reaiming the things all the time.

They might have made a contribution at Reno Hill with Reno and  Benteen but
nothing significant.

Reno had a moving line in the valley of LBG creek.  How  are you going to
effectively use them with any practicality?

No.  The Gatlings would have been nearly useless and a  major burden.  Even
if Custer had them at the last few minutes they still  would have all
gotten slaughtered.

Jack, have you been there?  It is pretty rough  country.

I recommend to anyone going on Bing maps for a birds eye view  and you can
see it.

And what is really weird is that you can see all the little  white marker
stones.  Pretty weird.

"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant
Peter

In a message dated 1/19/2012 9:01:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,