GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

John Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 17:49:42 CST 2012

Custer was offered one of the newly firmed black Calvary units when they were first formed.
He turned them down because he felt they were inferior.
He was issued Gatling guns but did not take them because he thought they would slow him down
In actuality, the "Buffalo Soldiers" were the most effective soldiers deployed in the west, being well disciplined and never losing a battle.
They were also pretty lucky because Custer did not want them.