GDG- Custer

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 07:37:23 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/19/2012 3:56:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vjamb at comcast.net writes:

I don't  think he was ever concerned about the number of Indians, believing
that any  Regular US C avalry R egiment could defeat any number of warriors
if they  didn't scatter.

This was standard military doctrine at the time with any "civilized" army
fighting irregular forces in a "Small War" -- it didn''t matter if we are
talking about the American or the British or the French Army and whether the
foe  was (Red) Indian, (East) Indian, or African.  The basic principal was
to  attack any time you got the chance.  Most of the time the doctrine
worked.  Occasionally it did not.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT