GDG- Custer

vjamb at comcast.net vjamb at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 02:55:15 CST 2012

"And something which is very seldom mentioned (because it does not fit the
standard story) is that Custer's Crow scouts actually urged Custer to attack
immediately when he said he wanted to remain hidden during the rest of
that day to scout out the village location and then make an approach to it
the next night for a dawn attack."

Bruce Trinque

I hadn't heard that before but it makes sense since it was the way he had attacked on the Washita.  I don't think he was ever concerned about the number of Indians, believing that any Regular US C avalry R egiment could defeat any number of warriors if they didn't scatter.

"Incompetent" is not a word I would use to describe GAC.

Jim Brinton