GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 16:54:33 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/18/2012 5:51:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
georgeconnell at mac.com writes:

I think  his judgement was bad even then (though that goes with being a
cavalryman) and  was extremely lucky to have avoided destruction several times.
This flaw  should have been spotted by discerning seniors, but it wasn't
and he got a  bunch of poor soldiers killed as a result.

Soldiers have to die in  wars, but I'm very hard on officers who waste the
lives of their  men.

Did Lee waste the lives of his men?  I think that on some  battlefields the
answer would be "yes" (like Malvern Hill and the PPT  Charge).

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT