GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

Batrinque at Batrinque at
Wed Jan 18 16:30:38 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/18/2012 3:28:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bluzdad at writes:

Bruce:  I  recall a book a  number of years back that seemed to be the
result of a complete mapping of the field, using metal detectors to  locate
shell cartriges and bullets and such, after a wildfire had  shortened the grass
to acceptable levels?
I read it once, from the  library, and thought it good enough for my
curiousity.  I'm sorry I can't  recall the title.
do you know which one I mean?
Probably talking about Richard Fox's "Archaeology,  History, and Custer's
Last Battle: The Little Big Horn Re-examined".  That  cartridge case evidence
happens to be a specialty of mine in regard to the LBH,  and I do not
completely agree with all of Dr Fox's conclusions, but it is a  valuable book

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT