GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

keith mackenzie bluzdad at
Wed Jan 18 13:50:56 CST 2012

Yeah. I'm sure that works too.
 "Son of the Morning Star" a reasonable book?

"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)

From: "Batrinque at" <Batrinque at>
To: gettysburg at
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- Custer (and Gettysburg) On the Tube Again

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:

In a message dated 1/18/2012 1:40:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bluzdad at writes:

more as  an example of what a psychopath is capable of if you put him in
exactly the  right situation.
I probably don't mean that the way it sounds, but it's as  close as I can
come to what I do mean.

I don't think the show portrayed Custer as a psychopath.  Nor do I  view
him as one.  An aggressive, ambitious cavalry officer, yes.  And  one pretty
much following standard military doctrine of the day.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT