GDG- Killing Lincoln

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Mon Jan 16 12:42:15 CST 2012

"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant
Peter

In a message dated 1/16/2012 1:39:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Batrinque at aol.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

In a message dated 1/16/2012 12:33:18 P.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
CWMHTours at aol.com writes:

Where   would I find reference to Mudd being in DC and looking  for   Booth?

At the Conspiracy Trial on June 3, 1865, Marcus P. Norton  testified that
he
was in his room at the National Hotel when: "A person  hastily entered my
room on  the morning of the 3d of March, I  think.  He appeared somewhat
excited,  made an apology, and said  that he had made a mistake; that he
wanted to
see Mr.  Booth. ... I  recognize the person, Samuel A. Mudd, as the man who
entered my  room  on that occasion."   This can be found in Steers's "The
Trial"  on  p 177.  Norton also testified about seeing Atzerodt and Booth
in
conversation at the National Hotel.

William A. Evans  testified (p 174) that: "About the 1st or 2d of March
last
-- certainly  before inauguration day -- I saw Dr. Samuel Mudd, with whom I
have  a  slight acquaintance, drive past me as I was driving to the city in
the  morning  ...  I let him drive past me, but I followed him up to the
city, never  losing sight of him."

The inauguration  took place on March 4th.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston,  CT
-------