GDG- Killing Lincoln

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Mon Jan 16 11:22:56 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/16/2012 12:11:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
CWMHTours at aol.com writes:

Yes.  I know the book.  I went to the historian at   Fords and he told me
that the NPS examined the photos and allegations and  did  not think it
true.
It was an uncanny resemblence but Fords  didn't believe  it.

Plus I think there is no record of Mudd being  in DC that  day.

The pics aae fascinating and I have a lot of  issues with the  NPS but I
lean toward their view.  The  historian seemed to be pretty  straight up.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to those marvelous computer
enhancement techniques in use on the various "CSI" TV shows that magically  inform
the investigators not only of the suspects' IDs but also what they ate  for
supper the night before, so the matter must go unresolved.  I am not
convinced the photos show the Booth conspirators at the Inauguration, but I am  also
not convinced that they do not.  If it was just a question of faces
scattered randomly throughout the crowd, I could much more easily dismiss the
claim, but all of the supposed conspirators appear in one tight cluster -- and
as I recollect, everybody in that cluster has a strong resemblance to one
or  another of the known conspirators.  You might not be able to get a court
conviction on that evidence alone, but I find it hard to wholly ignore.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT