GDG- Killing Lincoln

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Mon Jan 16 10:00:01 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/16/2012 10:11:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jgrim1941 at gmail.com writes:

The plot  eventually became one to kill Lincoln and as many members of his
cabinet as  possible.  I do not believe Mary Surratt was ever told
this....just to  keep her in the mix.  0f course she could never admit this
during the  trial without admitting to being in the conspiracy from  the
start.

Just my opinion....but I'd like to hear some other  theories from our
members.

I believe there is good evidence that Mary Surratt knew on the day of  the
Assassination that Booth was intending action that evening and planning on
escaping through eastern Maryland.  It is hard for me to believe that Mary
Surratt would be under the impression that kidnapping was still the central
object of Booth's plot, not since the fall of Richmond, for any practical
purpose eliminating any chance of smuggling a kidnapped President to
Confederate  lines.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT