GDG- Killing Lincoln

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Mon Jan 16 08:07:02 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/15/2012 10:31:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bob at segtours.com writes:

The  facts are lost to time and the best that you can hope to do is to
approximate them by the careful evaluation of available evidence.   Other
people will do the same and they may or may not agree with your
conclusions -- maybe because they have access to different evidence or
because their standards of interpreting and evaluating the evidence are
different than yours.

Yesterday I came across an interesting and relevant statement in a
scholoarly paper I was studying (about the exact chronology of a letter sent in
the 14th century BC from an Egyptian queen to a Hittite ruler in the aftermath
 of the death of her husband, the main point of contention being "what
queen and  what king?" -- and you thought that Gettysburg can be obsucre and
arcane!):  "This paper will now turn to those issues which bear some import for
the matter  of the identity [of the Egyptian king] and Amarna chronology
associated with  it.  It does so with the realization that no current
reconstruction seems to be able to account neatly for all the evidence.   Each must
attempt to explain away at least a couple of uncomfortable issues, and
hence, each remains less than completely satisfactory.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT