GDG- Killing Lincoln

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 21:21:26 CST 2012

Your post is excellent and I really have no problem with any  of your
points.  They are all very salient.

Except if you are an aware human being you are a witness to  history.

In an attempt to further clarify my point the duty and  obligation of a
professional historian is to seek the Truth, the Facts, as  accurately as
possible.

We have an obligation as humans if we want the truth to filter  out
falsehoods and fictions.

People who write a book and want to present themselves as  authoritative
historians have an obligation, to themselves if not anyone else,  to winnow
out falsehoods and fiction from what is specified as  history.

Either something happened or it didn't  even if we didn't  see it.

Authors, if they want to call their work history need to cull  fiction and
blatant errors from their  works if they want to maintain their  integrity.

I am beating a dead horse here in the GDG.

 It has been suggested that I am a liar with no rebuke  from the moderators
to the person making the assertion.

I have learned that some people in the GDG like having fiction  and blatant
errors, deliberate or otherwise, mixed in with their history.   And that's
OK.  It's their lives.

I am just personally of the camp that if I read a book  categorized as
history to be only the facts and no fiction

"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant
Peter

In a message dated 1/15/2012 9:50:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,