GDG- Historical books

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 19:17:48 CST 2012

Thank you Nancy!

"Just  the facts, ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday. Dragnet.

Your Most Obediant  Servant

In a message dated 1/15/2012 7:43:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pipecreek1430 at yahoo.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
Tom- I have to agree with you on endorsements on  books.  You wonder if the
person ever read any of it.
I was talking  with a customer in McDonalds, Dave Booz,  who I know is a
history teacher  at Gettysburg College,
and I asked him about the book he was reading. He  said it was full of
errors and he had only read a few
chapters. There was  an endorsement on the back of someone well known, and
he thought that  person
never read one word of the book.

It is very  aggravating to read a book, that is supposed to be history, to
find it full of  errors. One or two
I might chalk up to mistakes in printing or  proofreading, but lots of
errors, make me want to throw the  book
aside!

Nancy  Householder