GDG- Killing Lincoln

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 18:49:30 CST 2012

You make a good point about whether the endorser actually read  the book.
It seems too frequently that it appears that they haven't read  the work.

I was a bit disappointed that Surratt Tavern had "Manhunt" and  was sold by
them.

They actually have excellent works of real history  there.  I'd prefer to
have them promote that stuff and not a book full of  make believe.

I don't excuse them for it but they are a very small  non-profit museum
which needs all the publicity and promotion they can get, so  maybe they are a
little lax about accuracy.

Here's what:  If they put it out on the shelf with a  promotional sign that
called it great historical fiction I would have no problem  with that.

I have a problem with Swanson though coming out with the book  under the
pretense that it is pure history

"Just  the facts, ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday. Dragnet.

Your Most Obediant  Servant

In a message dated 1/15/2012 1:38:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,