GDG- Killing Lincoln

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 09:58:40 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/14/2012 8:25:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jlawrence at kc.rr.com writes:

The  publisher, on the publishing side of the house, had not listed this
work
as a history work.
In its own house.
No one has refuted this simple  statement.
So, if the publishing side does not count this as a "history"  publication,
all academic arguments are void.

The publisher has also not listed "Killing Lincoln" on their novels or
literature and fiction pages.  The publisher is very clearly and explicitly
marketing the book as "history", so I think we are fully justified in saying
that Henry Holt and Company has published the book as a work of history,
regardless of its evident flaws.  And for what it is worth, "Killing  Lincoln"
was on the New York Times and Los Angeles Times nonfiction bestseller
lists, not as fiction.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT