GDG- Killing Lincoln

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 19:46:28 CST 2012

Bruce-

Sir-

My point is not MINOR and probably accidental errors of fact  but when
pretentious phony "history" writers deliberately fill their  works with utter
falseshoods such as the "new" old chestnut that Lincoln and  Grant met in the
Oval Office.

To the annoyance of some people I keep referring to Swanson's  "Manhunt".
His book is full of them.  One day out of aggravation I  took a pencil and
started going through it page by page underlining  fabrications that he made
up.  I got so annoyed that after about 20 pags I  threw the book at the wall
and took out my hostility by petting my cat until he  also got annoyed.

My favorite "petty" thing about Swanson was when Booth and  Herold are at
the Samuel Cox home waiting to be led by Thomas Jones to the pine  thicket.
Swanson describes Jones as when he was confronted by the  Lincoln Assassins
he "widened"  his eyes.

Is there some obscure hard-to-find reference online or  otherwise to the
size of Jones's eyes when confronted by Booth and Herold?   I tend to think
not.  If Jones was later being questioned by people did he  make a point of
saying his eyes "widened"?

Now just how did Swanson know  that?   How did he not know that Jones did
not squint or narrow his eyes when confronted  by them?  Or, perhaps his eyes
did not change at all.  Is there a  record of what Jones's eyes did that
night?  If so, let's see  it.

History is either TRUE-

Or a fiction.

"Just the facts, ma'am."  Sgt. Joe Friday.   "Dragnet"

In a message dated 1/14/2012 8:13:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,