GDG- Killing Lincoln

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 19:13:28 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/14/2012 6:35:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
CWMHTours at aol.com writes:

I  mean... It is either true or false.

Historical events are black and  white.

Maybe the recording of them may be faulty but it is either  in  the end
black or white.  Fact is truth.  Fiction  is  false.

You mean a work of history can contain no errors of fact?  If  so, then I
have darned few books of history on my shelves.

Of late I have been reading a number of books dealing with the Amarna
Period of Ancient Egypt and the books are filled with speculation, best guesses,
 and reconstructions made from wisps of straw and cobwebs -- and most of
these  books are considered pretty solid scholarly works of history.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT