GDG- Killing Lincoln

Tom Barrett tbarrett21 at cox.net
Sat Jan 14 18:01:55 CST 2012

I think Chet comes closest to hitting the nail on the head.

But, in order to keep Peter and some others happy, I propose that we adopt
some more descriptive terminology.  We can have:

1. True History (We think)

2. History with er, um, lotsa mistakes (We think)

3. Phony History- (With things told differently than We think they really
happened)

4. Alternative History (Where We think the space aliens give gigawatt lasers
to Pickett.)

5. Bodice-Ripper History (We think there's a little history mixed with lotsa
steamy sex, and Chamberlain looks like Fabio Lanzoni)

6. Fantasy (Where We think Gandalf comes to the rescue of Meade)

7. B.S. (Where We think we all know it isn't close to real)

Furthermore, we should arrange for booksellers, including Amazon, to clearly
mark any book that makes reference to anything historical with these labels,
to avoid confusing reality with make-believe.

Regards,

TB (with some time to kill before the Denver - NE gsme)