GDG- Killing Lincoln

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com

In a message dated 1/14/2012 4:37:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jlb4tlb at yahoo.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
The following is from the home page publishers  web site.
"New From Henry Holt
Killing Lincoln
The Shocking  Assassination that Changed America Forever
A riveting historical narrative  of the heart-stopping events surrounding
the assassination of Abraham Lincoln,  and the first work of history from
mega-bestselling author Bill  O'Reilly"

This is from the publishes page promoting 'Killing Lincoln.

"A riveting historical narrative of the heart-stopping events  surrounding
the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and the first work of  history from
mega-bestselling author Bill O'Reilly
The anchor of The  O'Reilly Factor recounts one of the most dramatic
stories in American  history—how one gunshot changed the country forever. In the
spring of 1865,  the bloody saga of America's Civil War finally comes to an
end after a series  of increasingly harrowing battles. President Abraham
Lincoln's generous terms  for Robert E. Lee's surrender are devised to fulfill
Lincoln's dream of  healing a divided nation, with the former Confederates
allowed to reintegrate  into American society. But one man and his band of
murderous accomplices,  perhaps reaching into the highest ranks of the U.S.
government, are not  appeased.
In the midst of the patriotic celebrations in Washington D.C.,  John Wilkes
Booth—charismatic ladies' man and impenitent racist—murders  Abraham
Lincoln at Ford's Theatre. A furious manhunt ensues and Booth  immediately
becomes the country's most wanted fugitive. Lafayette C. Baker, a  smart but
shifty New York detective and former Union spy, unravels the string  of clues
leading to Booth, while federal forces track his accomplices. The  thrilling
chase ends in a fiery shootout and a series of court-ordered  executions—
including that of the first woman ever executed by the U.S.  government, Mary
Surratt. Featuring some of history's most remarkable figures,  vivid detail,
and page-turning action, Killing Lincoln is history that reads  like a
thriller. "

Jack didn't look very  hard.

Namaste

Jeff  Burk

>________________________________

History".  In the style of bodice rippers.

>>  Hello,
>>
>> There is no such categories as the ones you  suggest.  There is no
bodice ripping in it.  It is not a novel. It  is popular history.

>> Obviously, you have not read the  book.  I have.  I'm not sympathetic to
it, but that does not change  what it is.
>Hello.
>We can discuss terms, but Holt, the  publisher, does not list this as a
history book on its site.
>Maybe I am  looking for it wrong. The terms used aere samples of
descriptions used for the  book, including the publishers site.