GDG- Killing Lincoln

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 15:34:42 CST 2012

I don't understand this part, for one.

I assume I must be dense or stupid or both.

I fail to understand how a book with such egregious errors  describing
events that never happened can be called a history book.  If a  book that
describes Lincoln and Grant meeting in the Oval Office when it didn't  exist can
be called history there is something seriously wrong  here.

Yes-  I don't understand this part.  I always  thought a book this is
called history describes real events that actually  happened, not make believe.

And I don't understand how a publisher, unless they are trying  to sell
something, can call a book history when it is make believe.

In a message dated 1/14/2012 4:26:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
denlaw at gojade.org writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

>We can discuss terms, but Holt, the  publisher, does not list this as
>a history book on its site. Maybe I  am looking for it wrong.  The
>terms used aere samples of  descriptions used for the book, including
>the publishers  site.

Yes.  You are wrong.  It is not a novel and the  publisher - and
everyone else -  describes it as a  history.

Here is how the publisher describes it.

A riveting  historical narrative of the heart-stopping events
surrounding the  assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and the first work
of history from  mega-bestselling author Bill O'Reilly

What part of history don't you  understand?

Take  Care

Dennis