GDG- Off topic: do you recognize this uniform

CWMHTours at CWMHTours at
Sat Jan 14 08:22:21 CST 2012

I couldn't get the website up for the photo so I couldn't see  it.
I think you said that the uniform may be from the  1890s/80s?
If the uniform is not familiar you may want to consider it to  post date
the CW.   The Grand Army of the Republic was active by then  and they had a
number of  auxiliaries at the time.
Also, the militia units of the time wore uniforms similar to  the Civil
War.  There is a lot of similarity in the uniforms of the  American  army in
the Spanish-American War.
Carlisle Barracks might be a good place to contact, as maybe  the CW Museum
in Harrisburg.  There is a military archive at Ft McNair  which is kind of
cool.  Lots of odd little documents.  Library of  Congress may be a good
source also.
There have to have been a number of histories of uniforms  written with
pictures in them.
If I were you I'd start researching from 1900 and work  backwards until you
find the right era.
Your  Most Obedient Servant,

In a message dated 1/14/2012 8:44:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,