GDG- O'Relly book filming for History channel

Jack Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 20:21:30 CST 2012

He did write it.

If you look carefully Though, the co-author, Dugard,is listed in small type
on the cover.

O'Reilly said that Dugard did the reserach on the history and gave it to
him, then O'Reilly "did the text".

"A true collaboration" said O'Reilly.

I'm not sure what that means.

Dugard did the work and O'Reilly did the blarney?

I do not understand the brouhurrah here, as this is just another thriller
hung onto the framework of history.

Happens all the time.

In other words, when you are writing a novel and not history, artistic
liscense kicks is the frule, not the exception.

I am not, BTW, oppsed to historical novels.

Killer Angels tuned me into the civil war.

And I daresay, this conjectural popular history has got to be better than
Gingrich's seminal work on Gettysburg.

It looks like a certain legitimacy is being extended to this work because
National Geographic has hired the director of Thema and Louise and GI Jane
to direct a two part mini-series based on the book.

Full disclosure requires that it be noted that the \National geographic
channel is 25% owned by National Geographic and 75% owned by Newscorp. Which
owns fox News. which employs Bill O'Reilly.

Which to me is the real farce here. A book that makes no pretense about
being real history is being turned into history.

By O'Reilly's employer.