GDG- O'Relly book filming for History channel

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 18:26:52 CST 2012

Having been a student of the Lincoln Assassination/J.W. Booth  Escape Route
for 30 years and done many tours of the city Lincoln sights and the  escape
route for almost 20 there are three fabulous books which bear reading
several times each.

Michael Kaufman's "American Brutus".

Your Ed Steers book "Blood on the Moon".

And James O. Hall et all s' book  "Come  Retribution".

Hall's book is pretty great as it goes into the history of the  Confederate
Secret Service and Torpedo Bureau starting at the beginning with the  start
of the war and moving on.  Would be relevent here as it puts the
assassination in the perspective of the evolution of the Secret Service.   Covers the
Torpedo Bureau and Matthew Fontaine Maury and other neat stuff.   Also, the
St Albans raid, attempt to burn down NYC, and the attempt to capture  the
Yankee ship and free the prisoners on Johnson Island.

Read all three before reading hogwashers like Swanson,  O'Reilly and
Gingrich.

Maury's buried in Hollywood Cem- right?

In a message dated 1/13/2012 4:05:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,