GDG- O'Relly book filming for History channel

J David Petruzzi jdpetruzzi at live.com
Fri Jan 13 15:49:26 CST 2012

> In fact, what O'Reilly is getting out of all the controversy is a whole lot
> of free-to-cheap publicity.
>
> A lot more people (me) are aware of the existence of the book because of the
> talking heads on CNN or MSNBC laughing at the idea that O'Reilly wrote a
> book that had so many errors in it that NPS and Ford's Theater (at first)
> wouldn't carry it.
>
> For some people, particularly when they are trying to sell books, any
> publicity is good publicity.
>
> Regards,
>
> TB

Very true.  Look at all the talk that swirled around the Scott Brothers' "Gettysburg" crapumentary on History.  It had as much factual history about Gettysburg in it as saying that the fighting at the Alamo happened during the Viet Nam war.

On the coast of Monaco.

But the dang thing won several Emmys.

J.D.