GDG- The Harvest of Death and the Henry Spangler Barn

Charles T. Joyce CTJoyce at
Thu Jan 12 09:56:29 CST 2012

You're welcome.  "The Last Sitting" is actually my favorite of my Civil
War portrait series...I actually kept the original for myself, and just
sell prints of that.
I think its very possible Skinner is buried there; sadly, I can't find a
trace of Mrs. Skinner after his death.  I also believe that the image
was taken on their wedding day, when he was home convalescing from his
Antietam wound.

-----Original Message-----
From: gettysburg-bounces at
[mailto:gettysburg-bounces at] On Behalf Of Marian Latimer
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- The Harvest of Death and the Henry Spangler Barn

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
Thank you for posting the link to your paintings, Charles.  I was
particularly struck by "The Last Sitting," especially since I live just
half-hour from the cemetery in Salisbury.  Do you know if Sgt. Skinner
buried there?  I've been to the cemetery a few times and I'll look for
grave the next time I go, although it probably won't be anytime soon,
perhaps in the spring.

.com -to unsubscribe for Archives