GDG- Dead soldiers and looting

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 18:54:37 CST 2012

TB-

I read the last line of your post.

I wiped off my reading glasses,

And  it still said the same thing....

In a message dated 1/11/2012 7:46:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tbarrett21 at cox.net writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

I usually went for the gold teeth  first...

Seriously, all that stuff is done, but discouraged if there  happens to be
anybody with authority around.  Just like the more  recent Abu Ghraib
experience, under violent circumstances a different sense  of morality seems
to take over.

Actually, I think more modern (SE  Asia forward) US soldiers, with some
exceptions, tend to be a little more  squeamish and a little more civilized
about that sort of thing than their  WW II counterparts.  A lot of people
pick up souvenirs, but not so  much body parts.

In any war, CW included, there will be people looking  to pick up something
of value or something they can use.

The  Marines, now, in addition to eating babies and using improvised  candle
holders...but that's off  topic...

Regards,

TB