GDG- Dead soldiers and looting

Tom Barrett tbarrett21 at cox.net
Wed Jan 11 18:46:06 CST 2012

I usually went for the gold teeth first...

Seriously, all that stuff is done, but discouraged if there happens to be
anybody with authority around.  Just like the more recent Abu Ghraib
experience, under violent circumstances a different sense of morality seems
to take over.

Actually, I think more modern (SE Asia forward) US soldiers, with some
exceptions, tend to be a little more squeamish and a little more civilized
about that sort of thing than their WW II counterparts.  A lot of people
pick up souvenirs, but not so much body parts.

In any war, CW included, there will be people looking to pick up something
of value or something they can use.

The Marines, now, in addition to eating babies and using improvised candle
holders...but that's off topic...

Regards,

TB