GDG- Is this a true story?

Tom Barrett tbarrett21 at
Wed Jan 11 14:44:56 CST 2012

Gotta admit, I did a double take on Isaac Hayes.

But basically, a war story is a war story, and they haven't changed much in
150 years! (Which is to say, I've heard worse, with the storyteller swearing
he saw it happen...)

-----Original Message-----
From: gettysburg-bounces at [mailto:gettysburg-bounces at]
On Behalf Of John Rudy
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- Is this a true story?

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
I can just see Issac Hayes riding across the battlefield, the theme to
shaft playing as his underscore...

As for the Louisianan Tigers, it's a colorful story but I'd put it in the
same bin as artillerists using the amputated limbs of their comrades as
weapons around the lunets on Cemetery Hill: just another one of those
stories the ghost tour guides make up.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Andy Mills <amills at> wrote:

> Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
> Yes, my apologies.
> I was thinking the "Avery / Hayes" attack, and put the first name with the
> wrong last name.
> Thank you for setting me straight.
-to unsubscribe for Archives
No virus found in this message.