GDG- skirmish line vs line of battle

keith mackenzie bluzdad at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 13:45:16 CST 2012

OK Peter, you kind of lost me here. I'm Keith. Kerry is from Australia. I'm from Long Island. Frassanito originally describes the square object on the blouse/coat in the picture as possibly being the diamond insignia of the third corps. In his second book, with the discovery of a new angle on the picture, he hedges his bet a little, saying it could also be a piece of hardtack or a cartridge box. I don't know how long a piece of loose hardtack would have survived on that field. Not long, I'd wager.
I'll already be suffering on the 12. My wife and I are spending the weekend in Montauk.
Some other time. I've never been to D.C. and after your posts, am starting to think it an oversight that should be corrected.
K.

"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)