GDG- skirmish line vs line of battle

keith mackenzie bluzdad at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 09:24:07 CST 2012

I believe that it's accepted generally that they were not. I suppose we could assume they might have been moved during the looting process, but not by much. To recap, if they are from the day one field, they would have been under confederate control for several days, I suppose the same can be said for the Rose Farm location. If they are from the 5th New Jersey skirmish line, wouldn't they have been in a "no mans land" (West of the Emmitsburg Road)? and thus less likely to have been trifled with?

K.
"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)