GDG- skirmish line vs line of battle

cameron2 at cameron2 at
Wed Jan 11 09:13:40 CST 2012

<<  OK, I understood the principle, a little dim on the mechanics but both explanations cannot fail to help achieve a greater understanding. Now, In (both)you're considered opinion, are the bodies in the "Harvest of Death" (HoD, for future ref) more likely indicative of a line of battle, or a skirmish line? the spacing between the bodies may not prove anything, but does it disprove anything?  >>

I'm inclined to think that the number and concentration of bodies is more indicative of casualties sustained by a heavily engaged line of battle.  But there are so many unknowns that it's difficult to say with any certainty.

Jim Cameron