GDG- OT - Stanford White was Statues and state houses

FannieCAC at aol.com FannieCAC at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 04:49:07 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/9/2012 9:05:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
CWMHTours at aol.com writes:

Stanford  White,huh?   I was just telling  Nancy Stanford White designed
the
Blair Mansion Inn on Jubal Early's HQ at  Ft Stevens.

I  can't remember his mistresses's name.  Evelyn   something.

Evelyn Nesbit.  Married Harry K. Thaw, who murdered Stanford White for
"ruining" her.  Was sent to Matteawan State Hospital for the Criminally  Insane
(now Fishkill Correctional Facility).  Thanks to his family's money,  he
didn't spend much time there.

One of the storylines treated in E.L. Doctorow's RAGTIME.

Sherrie House