GDG- Statues and state houses

Stuart Johnson stueypark at
Mon Jan 9 16:26:08 CST 2012

The MD state house decades ago had an exhibit of battleflags from the war but they're long since removed to the archives where they aren't available for viewing. Nothing much else there, except they are currently restoring the old senate chamber to it's 1783 appearance when George Washington resigned his commission to Congress. The National Cemetery in town though does contain Gettysburg casualties and the Naval Academy cemetery has a number of notables including General Lockwood from XII Corps.