GDG- Shead's Woods and the "Harvest of Death" photograph

keith mackenzie bluzdad at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 14:44:45 CST 2012

Ok, I thought about it. Your objections seem reasonable, on the face of it, but I haven't a clue as to wether what you're on about is valid. I don't know what the preponderance was of frock coats (until this moment, I wasn't sure what a frock coat was), or how many men were in a skirmish line. I'm not saying that I agree that this is the location, ( any picture with a pretty girl in it is going to get my attention quicker than one with arrows and notations). but I still tend to think that  "Harvest of Death" was taken on the second days field and not on the first, and that it was later misrepresented in order to keep up with the competition.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the frock coat-skirmish line hypothesis? I honestly don't know enough about either, so any additional comments would be a welcome clarifying-learning experience for me.
 Really.

K.
"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)