GDG- Tipton Park at LRT

keith mackenzie bluzdad at
Mon Jan 9 12:03:52 CST 2012

Is that in the general area of where the rest station is/was?

"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)

From: Jack Lawrence <jlawrence at>
To: GDG <gettysburg at>
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2012 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- Tipton Park at LRT

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:

Tipton Park was the property of William tipton, the photographer, who owned about 10 acres or so of land across the (East)  road from Devils Den up through the Slaughter Pen. He had his studio there and was pretty much THE rubber tomahawk peddler of his era, Tipton Park was also held Tipton station, a stiop on the Electric RR. Which meant, as has been posted, that you could get on the train in DC, Baltimore or Philidelphia and get off at tipton Park (with tansfers. At various times there was a hotel there (with amusements available) places to eat and souvenirs vaialable.

I understand tghat there were other events there as Gettysburg was a destination attraction. I understand that there was a dance hall on LRT and an annual fall foliage tour was staged through there.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy Householder" <pipecreek1430 at>