GDG- Tipton Park at LRT

Jack Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 11:54:32 CST 2012

Nancy,

Tipton Park was the property of William tipton, the photographer, who owned
about 10 acres or so of land across the (East)  road from Devils Den up
through the Slaughter Pen. He had his studio there and was pretty much THE
rubber tomahawk peddler of his era, Tipton Park was also held Tipton
station, a stiop on the Electric RR. Which meant, as has been posted, that
you could get on the train in DC, Baltimore or Philidelphia and get off at
tipton Park (with tansfers. At various times there was a hotel there (with
amusements available) places to eat and souvenirs vaialable.

I understand tghat there were other events there as Gettysburg was a
destination attraction. I understand that there was a dance hall on LRT and
an annual fall foliage tour was staged through there.