GDG- Shead's Woods and the "Harvest of Death" photograph

cameron2 at optimum.net cameron2 at optimum.net
Sat Jan 7 15:36:22 CST 2012

<<  This property that you are describing is the George Spangler Farm, I think. The Spanglers and the Weikerts
both owned quite a bit of property in the Gettysburg area. To just say Spangler or Wiekert for a property

name covers a lot of territory. We need to be more careful when you speak of certain areas, it can get'
very confusing.
Nancy Householder  >>

No, it's the (or a) Henry Spangler farm.  The one the lane runs down to from the west side of the Emmitsburg Road, just across from the Klingle place.

Jim Cameron