GDG- Lincoln's B-day

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 17:54:47 CST 2012

FYI-

In case anyone is interested some 1/2 dz times I have trucked  my behind
down to the Lincoln Memorial for the Lincoln Birthday  Commemoration.

It is unforgettable.  They do speeches, normally  bring in the general in
charge of the Military District of Washington, and a  whole buncha reenactors
and women in Mary Lincoln dresses.  Goes on for a  good two hours.

Way cool.

And, here's what's really cool....  At the end of the  ceremony they bring
in the finest bestest bugle player from Ft. Myer to play  Taps.  I am under
the impression that Ft Myer is the premier place for  buglers.

The inside walls are polished Indiana sandstone (I  think).  When they play
Taps in there it goes down to the depths of you  spine.and chills you.  The
notes seem to float inside the polished stone  walls like colored bubbles.

I have heard Taps over many years.

You'll never hear it like it sounds in the utter quiet of the  Lincoln
Memorial.

If I am not working I will probly go down.  All are  invited to go.

Then afterwards we will fight over where to get chili in  DC.