GDG- Black Republicans

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 17:40:58 CST 2012

I will take your refutation under consideration my  friend.

You make some good points.

In a message dated 1/6/2012 6:19:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
joadx1 at netscape.net writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
I think what you mean to refer to are the "Radical  Republicans" (men like
Ben Wade and Thaddeus Steven) who are lot more popular  with academic
historians than they are with the popular ones.

But  "Black Republicans" was a term used by southerners as a blanket
condemnation  of the entire Republican party, with Abraham Lincoln being the
"blackest" of  them all.  And I've run across some good things said about him
here and  there.