GDG- Slavery in the South

Dennis Lawrence denlaw at gojade.org
Fri Jan 6 14:59:46 CST 2012

At 02:42 PM 1/6/2012, you wrote:
>the Slave owners pushed the war on the South, while in the North the
>Abolitionist pushed it.

Hello,

   I would say neither side sides pushed for  war - abolitionist
pushed for abolition - slave owners pushed for a continuation of slavery.

House divided, Irrepressible conflict, etc.

As Lincoln said, "and the war came. "

Take Care

Dennis

We perceive, uneasily , that slavery somehow was there at the
constitutional beginning, liken unbidden, malevolent spirit at a
festive celebration; the fairy tale witch who was not invited to the
christening but who came anyway, and in an act; of spite left the
curse on the child. William M. Wiecek.