GDG- Slavery in the South

William Richardson general.jackson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 14:42:08 CST 2012

From: John Grim <jgrim1941 at gmail.com>
To: GDG <gettysburg at arthes.com>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: GDG- Slavery in the South

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
Esteemed Members

Nancy

I agree with what you say.  I was just trying to add what I consider a
crucial economic status factor that often gets overlooked.  Thanks.

Hi John,

Slavery in the South was the economy and the North was out to destroy it, over time, by limiting it's expansion. Also by limiting expansion of
slave holding states would in time ( as more free states joined the Union ) would slowly give the North control of the government. In the South
the Slave owners pushed the war on the South, while in the North the Abolitionist pushed it.

Respectfully,

     William Richardson
     Mount Gilead, North Carolina

" The direct cause of the outbreak of the War Between The States was slavery; the direct object of the prosecution of the war was the preservation of the Union. "