GDG- Slavery in the South

George Connell georgeconnell at me.com
Fri Jan 6 09:47:48 CST 2012

As in most wars, geography was destiny. Young men fight for their country or region simply because that's where they live.

It's my experience that their grasp of or interest in the issues is very shallow. Testosterone and social pressure are the keys to understanding their motivation. Once in the army small-unit loyalty keeps them fighting.

Regards,

George