GDG- Eman Proc & the value of a slave

William Richardson general.jackson at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 22:48:47 CST 2012

From: Dave Glorioso <glory at zbzoom.net>
To: GDG <gettysburg at arthes.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- Eman Proc & the value of a slave

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
This conversation is very circular and nonproductive
Lets agree on following:
If there was no such thing as border states, Lincoln would have freed all the slaves in 1862.
Lincoln would probably have not allowed expansion of slavery in West.
The south seceded due to slavery and racism- if don't believe that read the secessionist papers.
There was a battle at Gettysburg and a subsequent Gettysburg address that made a connection between that battle and ending slavery.
There was a civil war that had alot to do with slavery and for goodness sake ended slavery.
And with that, Dennis
PLEASE HOOK AND END THIS CONVERSATION

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so fast Dave,

"If there was no such thing as border states, Lincoln would have freed all the slaves in 1862."

    Possibly, but Lincoln was as racist as the rest. He did want to free the slaves but he wanted to colonize them
outside of America.

"Lincoln would probably have not allowed expansion of slavery in West."

   This I do agree with you on.

"The south seceded due to slavery and racism- if don't believe that read the secessionist papers."

   This I also agree with you, however many, many Northern's were racist as well.

"There was a battle at Gettysburg and a subsequent Gettysburg address that made a connection between that battle and ending slavery."

   I agree

"There was a civil war that had alot to do with slavery and for goodness sake ended slavery"

  Yes and once again I agree there was a Civil War ( I prefer to call it War Between The States ) that had a lot to do with slavery
  and thank God it did end slavery, but let's also remember that slavery in the United States was allowed for a long time under the
  flag of the United States.

Now Dennis if you wish to HOOK it by all means do so.

Respectfully,

     William Richardson
     Mount Gilead, North Carolina

" The direct cause of the outbreak of the War Between The States was slavery; the direct object of the prosecution of the war was the preservation of the Union. "