GDG- NPS & slavery

William Richardson general.jackson at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 21:09:19 CST 2012

From: "ATMackeyJr at aol.com" <ATMackeyJr at aol.com>
To: gettysburg at arthes.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- NPS & slavery

"   I agree that the full story needs to be told, and it appears to me that the NPS is well on the way
to doing this at Gettysburg. "

    I have been to Gettysburg 3 times and hope to visit again soon, but I have never seen the VC presentation.
How much of it discusses slavery under the United States ?

Respectfully,

     William Richardson
     Mount Gilead, North Carolina

" The direct cause of the outbreak of the War Between The States was slavery; the direct object of the prosecution of the war was the preservation of the Union. "